As I was doing a Google search for ideas on small-scale, household electricity generators, I came across a fascinating article, which I would like to share, in the hopes that someone will know how to create one of these energy-harnessing garments. The article is called "How to Convert Excess Body Energy to Electricity" and is found at http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Convert-Excess-Body-Energy-to-Electricity-72381.shtml.
Another thought I had was that there ought to be a way of harnessing the simple power of walking. Why couldn't walking around your house generate electricity? I am sure there is a way, if we ask enough people. Suggestions, anyone???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Copyright Statement
All documents, webpages, photographs and images are the property of the the Urban Subsistence Living blog and its writers, except where noted. Permission is required to copy, download or use any text, photographs or image files.
2 comments:
I just found an article proposing how to use energy from walking to recharge a battery used for artificial organs: "A Gait-Powered Autologous Battery Charging System for Artificial Organs" http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/antaki/articles/Antaki%20-%20Gait%20Power.pdf
Here's another article, reviewing a device described in the magazine Science, which uses walking power to recharge a battery: http://www.livescience.com/technology/080207-people-power.html
Post a Comment